New Video Advertising Formats: YouTube's First Watch Ads
From now you can expect to see a new type of pre-roll advertisement, called YouTube's First Watch, the first time you watch a video produced by a YouTube partner each day
- YouTube has been testing First Watch ads, which have only been seen by about 15 million users till now.
- YouTube reports a 1 percent click-through rate for First Watch ads.
- Youtube's First Watch ads is an extension of YouTube's "masthead" ads - the ads that begin playing when you visit YouTube's homepage
- YouTube advertisers involved in the First Watch test have included Tommy Hilfiger, Hotels.com, Lifetime, Macy's, and Virgin Mobile.
- First Watch videos won't appear on user-generated videos.