Digital Movies, Music Content Business: Shemaroo Acquires Pen's Audio Catalog
Shemaroo Entertainment, the Indian movie production and aggregation company which is also active in the digital content space has acquired the entire audio catalogue of Pen India (Popular Entertainment Network).
Pen India (Popular Entertainment Network)
Pen has a library of bollywood music that includes more than 1000 songs including sound tracks from music directors like Jatin Lalit, Anu Malik, Sameer Sen and Anand Raj Anand among others, and films Like Chachi 420, Aakrosh and Aa Gale Lag Jaa.
Why the Deal
- The deal offers Shemaroo the perpetual rights for a major part of Pen’s catalog. to leverage it across its digital platforms including mobile and internet, along with traditional mediums like physical rights, performance rights, radio etc
Shemaroo growth trend
- A few days back, Shemaroo launched a dedicated YouTube channel for streaming full length movies for free, and simultaneously released two titles on DVD and web.
- Shemaroo claims to own the largest library in the country, with perpetual rights for more than 600 titles.
- T-Series, had acquired music and audio-video from Eros Films, last year.
- T-Series has a content partnership with Hungama.
- Both Hungama and T-Series also co-own content from Reliance BIG Entertainment.