Facebook's Phenomenal Web Traffic Statistics
- Facebook accounts for one out of every four pageviews in the United States — that’s 10% of all Internet visits.
- Hitwise shows that in the past week, Facebook.com saw 3% more web visits and almost 5 times more pageviews than Google.com.
- Facebook is by far the single most popular website in the United States. Still, other sources with other measurements and criteria show some variance.
- According to comScore stats Facebook has shown a 55% year-over-year increase.
- comScore places Facebook at 151.13 million U.S. uniques for October 2010, slightly behind Google’s 173.3 monthly uniques, which means the search giant is the social network’s sole competitor for web traffic domination.
- Facebook announced that its network had reached the extraordinary milestone of 500 million members in July. And at Web. 2.0 Summit this week, CEO Mark Zuckerberg told the audience that half of those members visit Facebook on a daily basis.