Expanding Television Content Business: Nickelodeon
Nickelodeon is working aggressively to take its television content business beyond just television. The objective is to encompassing various platforms to create higher visibility and build affinity for their character ‘Keymon Ache’. Some of the steps they are taking in this direction are as follows:
- The Television channel is getting into a tie up with Tata DoCoMo, where 3G users can watch a show by making a video call, in sync with the airing of the show.
- The Television channel is launching various mobile games across different application stores, starting with the Nokia Application Store (formerly the Ovi store) and GetJar.
- Vodafone, Airtel and Idea subscribers can also have the Keymon Ache song as their caller tune.
- A new micro-site is set up where visitors can play games, download wallpapers and watch episodes online.
- Similar content has also been made available on WAP for mobile internet users.
- Nickelodeon is also undertaking pan-India promotions involving a 360 degree campaign across cities, on-air promotions, buzz through print, outdoor innovations, ambient media (OOH) at high footfall areas like Big Bazaar, MC Donalds, Airports and DTH promotions on Tata Sky.