Essential things International Business Travellers should remember
Every international business traveller should know the following about the country of destination before leaving
- What is the size of the country; population and area?
- What are the top 3 or 5 cities, and why?
- Who is the President?
- What are the main political parties?
- What are the official languages?
- What is the ethnic makeup of the country?
- What is the climate and weather throughout the year?
- What are some of the important geographic features (rivers, mountains, lakes)?
- What are the major religions?
- What countries are neighbors?
- What is the currency and exchange rate?
- What are the countries biggest industries; national and export?
- Who are your competitors, and how long have they been established in the country?
- What are 3 significant issues affecting your industry in this country?
- What are 3 significant national issues that are in the news in the last 2 weeks?
- What national holidays or events will be celebrated during your visit
- Contributed by Vaibhav Agarwal