"CMMI" refers to the integration of diverse tool sets and appraisal methods related to CMM.
CMMi builds on and extends on the best practices of the:
- Capability Maturity Model for Software (SW-CMM);
- Systems Engineering Capability Model (SECM);
- Integrated Product Development Capability Maturity Model (IPD-CMM);
- Supplier Sourcing Capability Maturity Model (SS-CMM).
CMMi will help Software and Systems Engineering Companies to Study, Define, Implement, Improve and Appraise their internal Processes to result in improvement of the Development Cycle Time, Timely deliveries to Customers, Reduction in Schedule, Effort and Cost variances, reduced Defect levels, reduced Rework, improved Productivity and Profitability.
CMMI Maturity Levels
There are 5 maturity levels viz.
- Quantitatively Managed
- Contributed by Vaibhav Agarwal