Tips To Be Safe from Internet frauds
- Be wary of e-mail messages that ask for personal or financial information such as user names and passwords, credit card numbers, and other sensitive personal information, especially those that are alarming and upsetting in tone.
- Ensure that your browser is up-to-date and security patches are always promptly applied.
- Avoid opening any file attachments of suspected phishing e-mail messages as it might execute a 'malware' programme that can steal personal information.
- Knowledge is still the best protection from getting scammed. It is important to educate oneself on Internet fraud.
- Contributed by Ankita Sinha